Monday, April 28, 2008

I'm home sick today and i'm sooooo bored! So my weekend was not as fun as i'd hoped, but it was okay. I tied for 3rd place at seminary bowl, which i don't think was very good. The dance on Saturday was a long story, but i have a ton of time to do nothing so i'll tell it anyways. We go all the way to Rocklin for our dances because our Stake dances were lame and no one went. I got a ride w/ my friend and my other friend came with us. We were planning to get there at like 7 so we could eat dinner bc the dance started at 8:30 (or so we thought). So were all casual dressed and we drive up to the church and we see girls in skirts and dresses and guys in shirts and ties. We thought they were just wearing it for no reason, but my friends mom went to see what was up and it was there Youth Conference so they weren't expecting us to even be there! They said they were having a dance at 8:30 and that we could go even though we were casual. So were all embarassed and i call another girl from our stake to see if she thinks it's casual which she does. We didn't tell her it was formal bc then we'd be the only ones casual. So we just wait for our stake to start showing up in there casual wear and we go in at 8:30 and find out there having a speaker and he's not done yet so we have to wait another 45 stupid minutes. So basically i was there for 2 1/2 hours waiting for this dumb dance to start. It was WAY too hot in the gym, and the dance was till 11. It wasn't the best dance ever.

8 comments:

jodi kay said...

That's a big fat bummer Katie. I used to love going to stake dances. Especially youth conference dances. They used to be so good. What happened?

{sara} said...

What a bummer! Sorry it didn't turn out fun like you were hoping. Stake dances were the best!

Jamie said...

Your cute! You should see the Hula dance Fayth does to IZ's "somewhere over the rainbow". She Dedicated it to Grandpa. I'll send some of it to you on your phone.

Katie ☮ said...

i watched fayth's dance. it was so pretty!

Micalanne said...

I'm sorry you had a bad dance night! Cousin Cari and I used to go everywhere to whatever dance was being held! We loved it!

Jamie, We would all like to see Fayths dance!

Jamie said...

Katie, I still love that dang dreaded kid on American Idol... he's a doll. Who cares what your old Mom says:) jill hates his hair too.


Cousins of mine...Fayth might be do a little performance at Jean's Ward this Friday. I will record it and put is somewhere?? for everyone to see. (I'm not proud)

Micalanne said...

Jamie you'll just have to put it on your own blog! We would love to see Fayth perform.

Jamie said...

whats up love it P.s. this is fayth!!!!!